Mystery Flash Fiction Writing Contest Rules
This is the first Mystery Flash Fiction writing contest on my blog. Submission guidelines are posted below.
Please tell yourself and all your friends to ENTER! The more the merrier!
Winners will be posted two weeks post contest entry deadline. Winners will ONLY be posted via my blog, so if you haven’t subscribed, please do so BEFORE you enter the contest so you can be sure find out if you’ve won.
Here’s a screen grab from the right hand side of my main page where you can subscribe:
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9AM EST
Friday, September 13, 2013 11:59PM EST
WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON WWW.VANESSASHIELDS.COM on
Friday, September 27th
- Write a mystery story in 200 words or less. If your story is over 200 words, we will read it, but it will be disqualified from the competition.
- Post your entry in the COMMENT section of this blog post. NO EMAIL ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Please use this format for you submission (in the comment section):
NAME: *you may include your email address here as well if you’d like
- Please include the email address we can contact you at when submitting your story through the comment section. (This way, you won’t have to post your email in the comment section for everyone to see – unless you are comfortable doing so.)
- You title is NOT included in your word count.
Here’s what it will look like on your screen:
- ONE SUBMISSION PER PERSON.
- There is no fee to enter this contest. (You’re very welcome!)
- Winning entries will be posted on my blog and Mark’s blog.
HONOURABLE MENTION –
A set of the coolest bookplates you ever did see.
THIRD PLACE –
A set of writing journals.
SECOND PLACE –
A copy of Poetry On Demand Volume 1 & 2, and a e-version of Mark Bacon’s Cops, Crooks & Other Stories in 100 Words
FIRST PLACE –
A copy of Trouble is My Business by Raymond Chandler, a copy of The Rose Metal Field Guide to Writing Flash Fiction edited by Tara L. Masih, and an e-version of Mark Bacon’s Cops, Crooks & Other Stories in 100 Words.
As this is my first official WRITING contest, I am feeling generous in terms of giving prizes, so please submit and make me feel like it was worth it!!