pushed by the invisible
hands of Karma or Time or both
flexible needle a moveable beast
snaking inside my body
pin-tipped pricking my tongue
my eardrum the belly of my colon
vocal chords eyeballs the tender
cushions of my soles – my soul
even in her graceful hiding spots
oh my heart is a beloved destination
alas this curse is also a cure
threads of golden healing
sutures pulsing in pretty patterns
this is necessary needle work
APRIL IS NATIONAL POETRY MONTH
I will be writing poems on demand every day in April to celebrate National Poetry Month. If you would like me to write you a poem, please follow the steps below!
1) start an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) in the subject line write: NPM POD Request.
3) in the body of the email include your FIRST NAME (or who the poem is for if you’re gifting it to someone); 3-6 words for me to use in the poem OR a theme for the poem.
4) donation payment – if you’d like to pay for your poem in any amount, please let me know how much. All donations will go to the Aboriginal Child Resource Centre. You can pay via e-transfer when you receive your poem. (email: email@example.com)
5) send the email by March 31, 2021!
I’d be honoured to write you a poem! At the end of April, I will let you know how much money we’ve collected for the Aboriginal Resource Centre.
One thought on “Poem 77 – Spindle”
Hi Vanessa, Spindle is wonderful! Think of all the women in history who have toiled “ at the spindle”.
such a powerful symbol!